Coordinates enrollment assessment and reassessment activities for VNSNY CHOICE Managed Long Term Care plan and other VNSNY CHOICE health plans, as needed. Works under general supervision.
- Acts as liaison between the Assessment Unit and Care Coordinators; forwards completed assessments to Care Coordinators.
- Transfers completed assessment documents into operating system.
- Monitors assigned assessment databases to ensure all cases are assigned; advises management of unassigned cases.
- Monitors the content of assessment documents being provided by internal nurses or delegated vendors; processes completed assessments.
- Answers and screens calls/emails concerning assessments; responds to inquiries, requests for information, and resolves routine to moderately complex issues from other departments. Refers unusual and complex issues to manager.
- Performs various administrative support functions (e.g., generating/sending enrollment packets, photocopying, faxing, filing, etc.) to support CHOICE health plan operations.
- Verifies completeness of UAS assessments for all CHOICE product lines to ensure quality and regulatory compliance. Identifies missing information and returns to vendor, if needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
Licensure: Valid driver's license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card may be required as determined by operational needs.
Education: High school diploma required. Associates Degree in a health or human services, business or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year of experience in an administrative support position, preferably in an institution, Home Care or Managed Long Term Care Program, OR 6 months experience and an Associate’s degree, required. Knowledge of federal and state health care regulations related to Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and long term care preferred. Effective oral, written and communication skills required. Proficiency in personal computer operations including MS Office applications required. Bilingual skills may be required as determined by operational needs preferred. Knowledge of geriatric population preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.