Looking for a Psychiatric Social Worker Acts as a mental health adviser providing consultation, debriefing, professional development, and evidence based practices to support a reduction in avoidable hospital use. Collaborates with governmental agencies, non-profit organizations and Brooklyn and Queens public schools to support evidence based mental health practices in NYC schools.
- Contributes to the development of sustainable growth in resources that target high risk students, support prevention initiatives, and promote wellness
- Provides assessment, referrals and linkages to appropriate service providers
- Provides information and consultation to other community agencies and disciplines, including other services of the Agency
- Responsible for screening telephone referrals and may be responsible for providing on-call assistance for the program
- Develops and implements short-term service plans for patients, in conjunction with other members of the Program
- Current registration to practice as a Licensed Master Social Worker in New York State required
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- Minimum of one year as a social service provider with clients in a mental health setting required
- Valid driver's license may be required, as determined by operational/regional needs
- Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs CA2019