Looking for a Wellness Operations & Quality Assurance Associate to provide business and administrative support to ensure effective and efficient operations and patient care for Wellness Care Management program.
- Provides orientation services to clients including initial contact
- introduce service site, immediate assessments, coordination of services, advocacy, skill building and crisis intervention
- Provides assessment and crisis intervention services as needed and assists management with client issues and referrals for services
- Identifies, develops, coordinates and addresses quality assurance needs and standards designed to enhance operational efficiencies and services
- Valid driver's license may be required, as determined by operational/regional needs
- Bachelors degree, preferably in HealthCare Management, Public Health, Public Administration or Human Services field, or the equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of two years of experience in a mental health, healthcare or human services setting required
- Knowledge of substance abuse, and familiarity with uniform case records required
- Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs
- Understanding of HRA systems and NYC social service systems preferred
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.