Leads business to business customer solutions through sales, implementation and account management to support the achievement of enterprise strategies and targets. Collaborates with clinical and clinical support staff to generate referrals for VNSNY services. Ensures VNSNY programs meet the needs of referral sources. Works under general direction.
- Builds new and expands current VNSNY relationships with business to business customers that results in win/win business growth opportunities and effectively cross-sells all VNSNY programs and services.
- Provides day-to-day account management support through continual contact with facility staff and/or physicians or physician office staff.
- Identifies opportunities and participates in strategy development of new and/or enhanced business opportunities designed to meet/exceed sales targets and support customer outcomes goals.
- Gains thorough understanding of client's business needs, objectives, and processes to provide value through deliverance of high-level process management and implementation of best practices
- Profiles referral sources and identifies key opportunities to partner with new and existing customers that meet the goals of both enterprises.
- Develops annual account plans; reviews account plans throughout the year to monitor progress against goal and the execution of account strategies. Updates plans as needed.
- Maintains ongoing contact with VNSNY leadership across all lines of business to ensure sales strategies are aligned with individual business growth targets.
- Prepares and delivers presentations for new and enhanced programs and services to facility staff and/or physicians or physician office staff, and oversees implementation activities linked to such programs/products. Collaborates with program subject matter experts for presentation, as appropriate.
- Partners with facility staff and/or physicians or physician office staff to address and problem-solve department/office issues.
- Incorporates sales model, account development sales training, and customer relationship management tools when planning for and meeting with assigned referral sources.
- Utilizes customer relationship management software for documentation of sales activities and analysis of customer utilization data to plan strategic account interactions.
- Manages and coordinates the implementation of clinical initiatives or pilot projects within assigned accounts.
- Participates in learning opportunities that develop and enhance product knowledge of VNSNY programs and services including account development meetings, sales training, shadowing, coaching, etc.
- Analyzes data and reports to identify trends in customer referral/admission patterns as well as potential growth opportunities within accounts. Makes recommendations based on analysis.
- Keeps up to date on the latest health care, region, and channel issues and trends through networking, professional memberships, and select journal reading. Synthesizes trends and determines application and integration into account development strategies. Shares information with VNSNY leadership.
- Participates in communication huddles, coaching sessions, and giving/receiving feedback with Business Development leadership, Intake staff and peers.
- Participates in, and leads as appropriate, ongoing communication with central and regional intake teams.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties, as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Health Care Administration, Nursing or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a team based environment required.
- Ability to be persuasive, negotiate to win-win outcomes and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to gain commitment, build rapport with others (facility staff, physicians, etc.) required.
- Strong detail oriented and follow up skills required, as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of managed care, Medicare/Medicaid and insurance authorization/billing preferred.
- Bilingual skills maybe required, as determined by operational needs.
- Valid driver's license may be required, as determined by operational/regional needs
- Minimum of three years of management, marketing or sales experience required, preferably in health care, nursing, social services, or related discipline required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.