Leads Process Improvement (PI) activities and projects. Supervises staff on specific projects and provides project management oversight on complex projects including tracking implementation and monitoring effectiveness of organizational changes.Actively participates in process improvement staff development and recruiting. Works under general direction.
At VNSNY CHOICE PMO, we work with multiple departments in a matrix environment to deliver projects of varying nature and sizes. We have a mix of regulatory, IT, system implementation and upgrades, and process improvement projects. We work closely with the business and the technology teams and have to wear multiple hats. Most of the project managers have healthcare experience. Problem-solving and effective communication are the skills that make a PM successful here.
- Ensures that all projects and operational components are designed and executed to coherently achieve strategic goals and regulatory requirements.
- Defines core processes and maps current states for redesign projects and assists with solution design. Provides facilitation support at meetings as needed. Develops positive working relationships with VNSNY CHOICE leadership.
- Develops a strong understanding of VNSNY CHOICE strategic business objectives and business unit operations, along a particular health plan value stream. Understands interactions and dependencies of neighboring processes and departments. Articulates business issues and designs project approaches.
- Leads activities in defining the scope of projects, developing project plans, and ensuring forward momentum of projects toward stated goals. Tracks and monitors project work plans, including objectives, tasks and time frames, to ensure deliverables are completed on time. Identifies and responds to changing project circumstances and communicates issues to project leadership. Takes a flexible, team player approach, willing to “pitch in” whenever and wherever needed. Initiates and leads project evaluation process at project close.
- Oversees the creation and delivery of presentations on project status and outcomes to management.
- Oversees and participates in interdisciplinary and interdepartmental work groups. Assists in the facilitation of work group meetings, as needed, in support of process improvement projects.
- Demonstrates department’s commitment to excellent customer service through prompt responses to all internal and external customers. Represents the department’s capabilities and mission effectively to internal and external customers.
- Performs all duties inherent to a managerial role. Ensures effective staff training, evaluates staff performance, hires, promotes, terminates staff and recommends salary actions as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Business Administration or a related field required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum five years progressive experience in consulting, operations, financial analysis, or related discipline OR two years experience plus a Master’s Degree required.
- Proficient with personal computers, including Microsoft Windows Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point required.
- Project management and facilitation skills required. Six Sigma project experience preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.