Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation’s largest not-for-profit community-based health system. VNSNY provides a comprehensive array of home- and community-based programs, including health plans, tailored to the needs of high-risk, vulnerable New Yorkers, improving their quality of life. Each day,more than 18,000 VNSNY employees — including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, dieticians, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals — deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources tomore than35,000 patients, helping them to live the best lives possible.
Provides administrative/clerical support to Accounts Payable, receipts, and other department operations. Works under direct supervision.
- Prepares and sends out correspondences regarding unclaimed checks to comply with regulatory requirements. Tracks and scans receipts into databased.
- Creates purchase orders, prepare invoices, obtaining approvals from other departments, and reviews invoices against the contracts and budget.
- Tracks unpaid invoices. Notifies management in cases of extreme delay of payment.
- Verifies and codes invoices daily.
- Receives physical checks and deposits remotely. Prepares the cash receipts log.
- Maintains vendor files.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
Education: High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year of accounting experience or a recent college graduate preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft excel and word required.