Manages and coordinates the office and activities of the Senior Vice President. Assists Senior Vice President in meeting goals and objectives of Visiting Nurse Service of New York and Visiting Nurse Service of New York Home Care. Works under general supervision.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates day-to-day operations and administration of the office of the SVP.
- Coordinates travel accommodations for SVP as appropriate.
- Assists the SVP with the preparation of correspondence, data and drafting of materials for presentations, reports, publications, etc.
- Researches, collects and analyzes data; prepares project related reports, summaries, presentations and documentation. Prepares a variety of ad hoc reports on departmental activities and ensures their distribution as appropriate.
- Reviews, tracks, and analyzes equipment and data usage reports for department and program/department data and reports. Provides System Support along with New Hire Setup which includes office location setup and orientation schedule.
- Maintains calendar of due dates of recurring reports, information and dates as requested by the SVP, as required; follows up on outstanding requests, as necessary. Tracks and monitors annual goals and progress towards completion of assignments.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, undertakes, evaluates, and makes recommendations in connection with designated assignments and projects, as assigned. Makes presentations, as assigned.
- Resolves administrative and policy issues within guidelines. Responds to inquiries from staff and the community.
- Ensures all logistics held by SVP are taken care of as well as attends meetings as assigned. Takes notes and does follow-up after meeting to ensure assignments, projects, and other tasks are progressing on a timely basis. May represent SVP at meetings.
- Reviews monthly corporate scorecard reports and works with SVP on annual budget. Maintains account of business expenditures for all related cost centers.
- Utilizes appropriate equipment and computer software packages to provide support to the SVP and other staff, as required.
- Answers and screens telephone calls; takes messages; routes calls and follows up, when appropriate.
- Receives, opens, sorts and directs incoming mail and routes outgoing mail to the appropriate area for action. Prepares and sends mailings and packages.
- Maintains files and directs incoming and outgoing correspondence to appropriate areas for action; determines and, as appropriate, performs other follow-up action.
- Performs special projects and related duties, as required.
Education: High school diploma or the equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of three years of progressive administrative, business or office management experience required. Proficient with personal computers, including Microsoft Windows: Word, Excel, and Access required. Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.