Provides the Benefits Department with day-to-day administrative support in the administration of one or more of the following benefit functions: Retirement (pension and defined contribution plans); Health and Welfare; Disability and Leaves of Absence; Communications; Plan Administration; Wellbeing. Works under moderate supervision.
- Assists benefits team in providing guidance to managers, employees and HRConnect on benefit-related questions and issues.
- Assists with the maintenance and distribution of employee electronic and print communications.
- Provides general administrative support to Benefits department.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as needed.
- Supports the administration of the disability and leave programs and external vendor relationship. Ensures coordination across various departments (e.g. Health Services, HRConnect, Payroll, HRIT and Workers Compensation) and vendors.
- Interacts with leave and/or disability managers regularly on leave issues.
- Supports HRConnect for leaves and related benefit issues.
- Assists with data collection for leave and disability reporting and billing.
Education: High School Diploma or the equivalent work experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: Minimum two years of administrative/customer support experience required, preferably in employee benefits or other human resource roles. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required and familiarity with Workday preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionls - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.