Provides the Benefits Department with day-to-day administrative support in the administration of one or more of the following benefit functions: Retirement (pension and defined contribution plans); Health and Welfare; Disability and Leaves of Absence; Communications; Plan Administration; Wellbeing. Works under moderate supervision.
- Assists benefits team in providing guidance to managers, employees and HRConnect on benefit-related questions and issues.
- Assists with the maintenance and distribution of employee electronic and print communications.
- Provides general administrative support to Benefits department.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as needed.
- Supports the administration of the disability and leave programs and external vendor relationship. Ensures coordination across various departments (e.g. Health Services, HRConnect, Payroll, HRIT and Workers Compensation) and vendors.
- Interacts with leave and/or disability managers regularly on leave issues.
- Supports HRConnect for leaves and related benefit issues.
- Assists with data collection for leave and disability reporting and billing.
Education: High School Diploma or the equivalent work experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: Minimum two years of administrative/customer support experience required, preferably in employee benefits or other human resource roles. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required and familiarity with Workday preferred.