The Business Data Analyst provides analytical, planning, coordination, and implementation support to performance improvement activities and projects across VNSNY CHOICE Health Plans. Assists department leadership with tracking implementation and monitoring organizational change effectiveness, providing insights using analytical tools for data collections and analysis as well as designing analytical approaches.
- Develops a strong understanding of all VNSNY CHOICE Health Plans strategic business objectives and business unit operations. Assists department with designing and evaluating data and reports. Provides data collection, analytical support to team and monitors assigned projects.
- Defines core processes and maps current states for redesign projects; assists with solution design.
- Collects and analyzes performance and outcome data. Summarizes, creates, and distributes reports as needed. Ensures deliverables are completed on time; responds to changing project circumstances and communicates issues to project leadership.
- Supports Clinical Operations by generating daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports from data cubes using MicroStrategy; creates FLASH reports to monitor and evaluate performance.
- Performs cost-impact analysis on UM medical appeals on a monthly basis by generating attributed values using complex Excel formulas.
- Utilizes SAS and SQL skills to extract Claims data from data warehouse and ensure data quality; analyzes data to provide recommendations and insights.
- Creates interactive dashboards to analyze Key Performance Indicators trends and presents data visually using Tableau. Generates reports for ODAG and CMS from Oracle OBIEE and evaluates the timeliness of standard and expedited org determinations.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Electronics/Communication Engineering, or a related field required. Master's Degree in one of the above-described disciplines preferred.
- Experience: Minimum three years progressive data analyst work experience in various PC database applications, preferably in the healthcare industry, required. Experience with MicroStrategy, SAS, Tableau, MS Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint preferred. Proficient with personal computers, including Microsoft Windows Excel, Word, Access, Power Point required.
- Project management and facilitation skills required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.