At the Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY), our ability to form positive and meaningful relationships with our consumers (patients, members, clients and their families) is critical to our goal of delivering a data-driven, best-in-class experience at every touchpoint along the consumer journey. If you want to play a direct role in helping us achieve this goal, then we have the perfect opportunity for you. We are building a dedicated consumer experience (CX) team under the direction of our Chief Experience Officer (CXO), and VP, CX. The CX team will set the organizational People, Place, Products and Technology CX strategy and deliver roadmaps that build a culture of hospitality and ensure the voice of the customer is embedded in everything we do.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as VNSNY’s CX analytics and insights subject matter expert and change agent by providing internal consulting to our lines of business in the areas of consumer research and insights.
- Lead all strategic and executional aspects of our quantitative and qualitative CX survey programs including, NPS, CSAT, CES, CAHPS and potential focus groups.
- Lead and manage research service providers to ensure that we are using the right methodologies and audience selection to achieve our objectives and that all projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Analyze results and distill actionable insights / key drivers to develop actionable CX improvement strategies and recommendations that directly support key business objectives such as increasing NPS scores and reducing contact center inquiries.
- Develop and implement automated consumer research and survey KPI dashboards.
- Partner with Information Technology, Business Insights and Analytics and Contact Center Shared Services departments to:
- Develop and implement a data-driven and automated survey platform that allows us to gain real-time consumer feedback at key touchpoints.
- Determine how we can gather, automate and leverage consumer feedback data and insights from our CRM platform and other systems to drive data driven CX improvements.
- Closely collaborate with VNSNY departments and lines of business to drive accountability for improvement initiatives and achieving shared CX business goals.
- Support VP, CX with the development of annual strategy, budget and the execution of ongoing CX programs and new initiatives.
Who You Are
- Experienced consumer research / consumer experience professional with a bachelor’s degree and minimum of 7 years hands-on experience leading and managing NPS, CSAT and other relevant surveys.
- Comfortable working in a small team as an independent contributor with high visibility and interaction with senior leadership.
- Hands on experience working in a regulated industry (such as healthcare, finance, or similar) and successfully navigating this complex environment to improve the consumer experience.
- Hands on experience with process improvement and consumer journey mapping and Lean Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- Experience using leading voice of the customer software platforms and data visualization programs such as Verint, Medallia, Qualtrics, Tableau, etc.
- Experience building a CX research practice from the ground up and enjoy pivoting from developing strategy to executing on tactics to achieve this goal.
- Naturally curious about people and how behavioral science can be used to improve the quality of healthcare.
- Firm understanding and empathy for the diverse community we serve and their life situations.
- Highly collaborative and emotionally intelligent. You thrive working across different departments and building trusted and authentic “win-win” relationships that consistently achieve shared goals.
- Persuasive with high integrity. Representing the voice of the consumer can be tough and you are able to deliver presentations and recommendations in a persuasive, yet diplomatic manner that is solutions focused and about doing the right thing for our consumers.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
Experience: Minimum of six years of experience in consumer insights, data analysis, market research, and/or customer experience required. Experience analyzing trends and synthesizing data to drive business decisions required. Effective verbal and written communications, research, and interpersonal skills required. Proficient with computer and software programs (e.g.; Microsoft Word, Excel) required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.