Leverages knowledge of Workday architecture and configuration to drive the deployment of feature releases and maintain strong system architecture/tenant management activities. Oversees data governance and vendor management activities to ensure that the system effectively and compliantly meets business needs. Oversees, leads and implements upgrades to both the Financial and HR/PR Workday system. Works under general direction.
- Manages the ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of Workday, providing innovative service delivery and ensuring system continues to meet VNSNY’s evolving needs.
- Develops and maintains Workday system architecture by reviewing existing processes/desired changes and evaluating feasibility of system modifications. Configures changes as appropriate.
- Participates in tenant management activities, including but not limited to developing and maintaining appropriate security roles, validating that users access the correct information, and ensuring system updates are made appropriately.
- Oversees deployment of feature releases and system maintenance activities, including but not limited to designing future state workflows, performing system audits, and working with HR Support Lead and Finance Support Lead to ensure business requirements are met.
- Communicates Workday changes, including system upgrades and new releases, to appropriate stakeholders.
- Distills complex concepts and downstream impacts in order to facilitate smooth delivery.
- Cultivates strong relationships with Workday representatives and adjacent vendors. Acts as a liaison between VNSNY, Workday and/or adjacent vendors to resolve Workday-related issues, understand system updates/upgrades, and negotiate contracts.
- Monitors Workday SLA achievement. Measures Workday performance against defined metrics and identifies inefficiencies/areas for improvement to ensure optimization of technological return on investment.
- Designs Workday data governance policies and procedures; determines appropriate protocols that promote strong data integrity. Communicates determined governance to appropriate stakeholders to facilitate user understanding and compliance.
- Documents Workday system functionality, processes, and capabilities. Leverages insights to drive Workday process redesign and innovation.
- Leads Support Team (HR, Finance and IT).
- Supports, monitors, and optimizes the performance of the VNSNY team.
- Reports to Steering Committee and Executive Steering Committee, keeping them abreast of Workday strategies and operations, including day-to-day issues and deployment of feature releases.
- Communicates all Workday changes, including system upgrades and new releases, to appropriate stakeholders.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum eight years experience in Information Technology including systems analysis and application program development required. Minimum two years experience managing and directing systems development or systems maintenance project teams (or a combination in education and work experience) required. Thorough knowledge of the system development life cycle, the clients areas functions and systems, and application program development alternatives required. Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills required. The ability to make strong judgment and work effectively with clients and IT management and staff required. Specific technical skills and languages depending upon the needs of the organization and their availability within the technical marketplace at any given time required.Strong organizational skills and the ability to support, prioritize and balance workloads from two distinct areas/managers (IS and FIS) required. Strong knowledge and expertise in People Soft development and technical environments required. Position also requires strong knowledge of the functional aspects of PeopleSofts Financial Information System (including workflows).
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.