Plans, directs and coordinates the business and financial functions for CHOICE Health Plan to ensure streamlined, effective and efficient operations. Collaborates with CHOICE Health Plan leadership in the development, evaluation, and implementation of business, operational and financial activities, including policies and procedures. Manages all vendor contracts and relationships. Works under general direction.
- Analyzes the business and financial operations for the CHOICE Health Plan. Develops, evaluates and implements business activities, program development, and contractual relationships in order to ensure that the financial performance of the CHOICE Health Plan is enhanced by the provision of efficient/high quality services.
- Directs and prepares the annual budget for areas including revenue, expense, and capital budgets. Reviews and analyzes monthly variance reports, makes recommendations to CHOICE Health Plan leadership for action. Participates in financial aspects of strategic planning.
- Manages financial and statistical reporting requirements including performance indicators, monthly key driver reports, profitability by product and other financial analyses required by VNSNY Senior Leadership and/or the Board.
- Acts as the primary representative to Corporate Finance on all budgetary matters (i.e., audits, operational flows, cost report activities).
- Provides oversight for departmental administrative services. Develops procedures and ensures that they are adhered to; follows up with assigned staff to ensure projects being handled by department are on target. Approves/monitors, purchases inventory for all regions and ensures that the department stays within the budget and meets assigned goals.
- Establishes and fosters positive relationships with internal and external customers and acts as a liaison between the CHOICE Health Plan and Corporate Finance to ensure timely accrual of monthly and ad hoc reporting of program expenses. Identifies/evaluates and resolves issues/problems as needed.
- Collaborates with program leadership to create statistical and financial reports for presentations, reports and publication including, quarterly reports to senior leadership.
- Meets with vendors and outside contractors to evaluate, select and negotiate new contracts and Agreements and renegotiate existing agreements. Ensures full regulatory compliance in contract development and implementation.
- Manages vendor contracts and relationships; ensures vendor services are meeting program needs. Follows up on issues identified by internal staff and works with vendors to facilitate a positive outcome. Takes the lead on issues that are escalated when a department leader is unable to resolve them independently.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related area required. Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum seven years’ experience working in finance, business and/or operational administration in a health care organization required. Minimum three years of experience in a supervisory role required. Demonstrated experience designing transformational and cost effective sustainable operating care delivery financial models required. Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills required. Strong budgeting techniques, administrative, organizational and analytical skills required. Proficient in personal computer, preferably Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel required.
Prior experience working in a Health Plan preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.