Oversees the onboarding of nursing staff and delivery of quality of nursing care in accordance with VNSNY policies, procedures and standards of practice. Ensures compliance with all applicable government regulations. Works under general direction.
- Collaborates and contributes to creating objectives and tracking health outcomes across CMHS programs. Works with leadership to ensure clinical programmatic targets are met. Oversees the implementation of plans designed to meet identified metrics, including, clinical, quality, customer experience and others as applicable to different programs.
- Evaluates nursing operations within each CMHS program and develops policies and procedures informed by VNSNY protocols for medication administration/storage/reconciliation, and clinical operations.
- Oversees clinical chart reviews and ensures operational audit compliance. Ensures that plans of care are individualized and appropriate, executed as written, and reassessed by the appropriate health care professional. Develops corrective action plans for deficiencies and reviews with leadership; implements plans as appropriate.
- Collaborates with VNSNY Education and Training department and program management to develop and coordinate RN orientation.
- Ensures readiness for on-site City and State audit surveys and other external audits. Ensures deficiencies related to the internal and external audits are addressed and corrected per action plans.
- Collaborates with RN staff and program managers to provide coverage of daily operations, as needed.
- Collaborates with Education and Training department to develop ongoing clinical training for RNs based on evidence-based practices in behavioral, medical, and integrated health care.
- Participates in incident review committees; responds to nursing related adverse events, creates corrective action plans.
- Works collaboratively with clinical and program leadership on the development and implementation of medical/psychiatric/integrative care strategies designed to improve quality care and patient outcomes.
- Co-leads CMHS Clinical Committee/Advisory Group in collaboration with clinical leadership.
- Leads efforts to develop relationships and collaborative clinical processes with outside providers, pharmacies, and other agencies.
- Participates in the administration of the collective bargaining union contract conditions and grievance hearings.
- Performs all duties inherent in a senior managerial role. Approves staff training, hiring, promotions, terminations and salary actions. Prepares and ensure adherence to the department budget.
- Participates in special projects and performs other job duties as required.
Licensure: License and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State required.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum of six years of nursing experience in a community health setting required. Minimum of two years managerial experience required. Prior experience in Behavioral Health nursing required. Thorough knowledge of home care regulations and clinical practice required. Knowledge of training and adult learning techniques preferred. Effective oral/written communication and organizational skills required. Proficient with software including MS Word, Excel required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.