The Director of Service Excellence oversees the operational efficiencies of the Contact Center Shared Service (CCSS), focusing on opportunities to improve processes, contact handling, cost control and service. Collaborates with CCSS leadership to develop and implement solutions that drive a continuous improvement culture. Promotes and monitors industry best practices to ensure an environment of continual and sustainable improvement within the Contact Center Shared Service. Works under general direction.
- Applies Continuous Improvement and Lean/Six Sigma tools to consistently improve performance, reduce waste and drive productivity across CCSS sites and functions.
- Builds, maintains, and leverages relationships across VNSNY to identify opportunities for process improvement and facilitate the implementation of measurement and management systems. Keeps current with existing VNSNY lines of business to ensure the CCSS leaders have the most current information.
- Collaborates with other VNSNY employee groups who interact with patients or members to ensure a consistent operating and experience model.
- Provides leadership in support of the CCSS project portfolio management, which includes project prioritization, budgeting, control and reporting. Also provides project management expertise and support to CCSS leadership in support of their project execution.
- Defines, optimizes, and maintains end to end contact center processes to ensure efficiencies, including utilization of CRM, call handling, and call mitigation.
- Leads cross functional teams in defining current processes/systems; identifies target condition; establishes plans to close the gaps; and coaches teams to successfully implement changes.
- Oversees the deployment of new processes and functions.
- Identifies and establishes metrics and Key Performance Indicators to evaluate contact center efficiencies, including but not limited to, adherence, shrinkage, hold time, and transfer time.
- Interfaces with IT to work on current and future technology requirements.
- Conducts Root cause analysis and problem solving to ensure optimal operational efficiencies.
- Drives Change Management to promote a culture and mindset of operational excellence and continuous improvement across CCSS and embedding it into daily work.
- Coaches/mentors stakeholders, team members and CCSS employees at all levels to support them through the adoption of lean principles and practices.
- Develops scope and SOPs for new lines of business, new program, or service within a line of business that requires support of the Contact Center.
- Collaborates with CCSS leadership to ensure alignment of initiatives and the successful delivery of the CCSS strategy.
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role. Ensures effective staff training, evaluates staff performance, provides input for the development of the department budget, and hires, promotes and terminates staff and recommends salary actions, as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. MBA, MPH or MHA preferred.
Certification: Black belt certification preferred.
Experience: Minimum of six years of continuously more progressive experience in performance improvement and project management, preferably in a contact center, required. Management experience required. Demonstrated track record of success in the planning, execution and timely delivery of enterprise level projects and programs required. Lean or Six Sigma experience required. Demonstrated proficiency in managing portfolio of projects and in leading change through others to achieve operational excellence required. Strong analytical skills required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.