Leads strategic finance initiatives and provides financial support to strategic business development initiatives associated with current and new products to ensure optimization of financial performance for VNSNY. Serves as liaison between Finance and business unit leadership to deliver value-added business analysis and define and report meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decision-making as well as drive critical program goals. Prepares competitive scans of the market and ensuring financial plans are aligned with the corporate strategy and new business development initiatives. Works under general supervision.
- Directs the development and implementation of long-range strategic financial plans, goals and objectives. Develops related financial forecasts for VNSNY program that links to the business’ strategic objectives. Provides market insight into the development of the vision and drivers. Assists in the design of financial models to support multi-assumption comparative budget vs. actual analyses.
- Supports development of business plans by contributing to the development of presentations and supportive materials for new business ventures, products, and solutions.
- Collaborates with business unit leadership on evaluation of emerging business opportunities, including new programs or acquisitions; prepares financial analyses affecting strategic and operational issues, to support leadership in decision making. Analysis includes, but is not limited to, pro forma, cash flow and ROI development. Develops valuations and pricing on new partnerships or acquisitions. Creates methodologies to track achievement to business case once a new program is initiated.
- Advises and provides financial analyses in meeting the needs of senior leadership in planning new initiatives and estimating opportunities/risks. Ensures consistent financial evaluation methodologies. Creates methodologies to track achievement to business case once a new program is initiated.
- Participates in the preparation of analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings at the Corporate and Board levels.
- Develops and enhances competitive intelligence, customer intelligence, geographic economic data and technology trends. Utilizes market intelligence from both governmental (CMS/ HHS) and public sector (ex S&P) to inform landscape. Researches emerging market opportunities and risks.
- Collaborates in the identification, development, and management of strategic and tactical initiatives that support strategic goals, address agency risk and compliance, and retain and enhance revenue.
- Analyzes financial impact of changes to legislation and regulations; supports the development of business unit’s response.
- Develops/maintains a strong understanding of all VNSNY CHOICE strategic, marketing, operational, and regulatory objectives associated with the strategic position of health plan-sponsored Medicare and Medicaid managed care products, with regard to quality of care and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance required. Master's degree in Business Administration, or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum seven years of experience in financial analysis, budgeting, investment banking/private equity or related discipline, preferably in a health care setting, required. Experience in a Managed Care or Homecare organization preferred. Mastery with Microsoft Excel, including strong Financial Modeling skills, Word, Power Point, and Access required. Experience in a lead or supervisory capacity preferred. Demonstrated strong analytical background, including the ability to break down and work through complex problems in a structured manner, using both quantitative and qualitative methods required. Demonstrated ability to tell a persuasive story and convey information in a digestible format, including experience developing board-level presentations and memos required. Ability to work effectively while handling multiple projects required. Knowledge of Workday, Oracle and statistical software preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.