Provides analytical and accounting support to VNSNY to meet its reporting and planning goals. Reports on volume, revenue, trends, aging, key business drivers, etc. Works independently utilizing various reports, budget, and various systems to compile financial reports. Works under moderate supervision.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation reports for various business units investigating any discrepancies. Prepares monthly volume analysis and accruals to support general ledger balances.
- Participates in monthly close process and ensures revenue reasonability, proper billing interface and general ledger activity is properly recorded.
- Conducts trend analysis using select data and uses data to make revenue projections and analyze variances.
- Conducts account and variance analysis for business units within the Accounting Division and other departments within VNSNY to maximize revenue. Works with managers to improve cost effectiveness and efficiency and discuss any issues that need to be resolved.
- Completes, reports including Key Volume Drivers, schedule of Accounts Receivable, Program Highlight (Actual vs. Budget) and A/R monthly Aging report.
- Works with Manager to financially plan for new programs by addressing issues such as billing interface to ensure that operations feature link to new programs. Designs performance indicator reports.
- Complete various account analysis, researching items and communicating to appropriate department.
- Develops and updates procedure manual for the department.
- Acts as a financial liaison to management within VNSNY and third-party vendors.
- Prepares the materials being used as references in year-end audit.
- Provides analytical support to Senior Financial Management and other Finance staff, as needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Analyzes State membership reports (monthly membership reports, State rosters, etc.) to ensure membership eligibility data is updated and captured in the various membership systems as they relate to premium billing
- Oversees monthly premium bill process for Medicare product. Reviews billing reports and transactions posted to the general ledger. Applies payments to appropriate accounts and directs TPA in write off processing. Ensures accuracy and compliance for all billing processes.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Medicaid policies to ensure compliance with directives and regulations as they relate to Medicaid billing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Health Administration or other related discipline required.
- Minimum two years’ experience required.
- Proficient with personal computers, including Microsoft Office Products, with expertise in Excel required.
- Strong analytical skills and a good understanding of the principles of finance and accounting required.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Finance experience in a Healthcare environment required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.