Supervises Home Health Aides delivering service to clients in the home care setting and coordinates all related administrative responsibilities. Works under general supervision.
- Assigns Home Health Aides (HHA) to deliver requested service to VNSNY patients and members.
- Ensures the delivery of high-quality service by supervising activities of assigned HHA staff.
- Maintains compliance of HHAs with corporate policies, state regulations, and contractual requirements.
- Initiates appropriate corrective action and documentation by coaching, counseling, and terminating HHAs as required, in a timely effective manner.
- Encourages and develops on-going communication with HHA staff and management across VNSNY; identifies and resolves issues which effect service delivery.
- Maintains or grows caseload depending on resource availability.
- Develops and implements procedures to maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness, as necessary.
- Performs all duties inherent in a supervisory role. Ensures effective staff training, interviews candidates for employment, evaluates staff performance and recommends hiring, promotions, salary actions and terminations, as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalency required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years of experience in customer service required. Strong organization and administrative skills required. Demonstrated problem-solving abilities required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.