Provides general marketing, administrative and operational support to the Marketing group. Coordinates activities in support of the business to business (B2B) and business to consumer (B2C) marketing/ member communications efforts for assigned VNSNY programs. Assists in the development and distribution of marketing, member communications and/or development materials, mailings, presentations and other sales support materials. Works under general supervision.
- Manages day-to-day activities for specific B2B and B2C marketing or member communications initiatives and projects. Monitors project budgets and timelines.
- Manages and tracks production and inventory of marketing collateral and premiums as appropriate.
- Manages marketing and project budgets and monitors expenses against budget on a monthly basis. Assists in the preparation of annual budget, as requested.
- Maintains positive working relationships with marketing vendors, which may include advertising agency, direct marketing agency, digital marketing agency, printers, mail houses and designers to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Manages vendor invoices, including direct interaction with outside vendors and internal accounting department to ensure payments are made in a timely fashion.
- Provides administrative support as directed, including ensuring distribution of overnight mail services, and ordering and delivering office supplies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as directed.
- Coordinates large-scale mailings and print production projects from start to finish. Monitors status and advises management of any issues.
- Oversees production of letters, brochures, envelopes and other mailing elements and marketing materials.
- Works with printers, mail houses and other vendors to develop timelines and cost estimates and ensure print production and mailing projects are completed on time, within budget and according to the specifications provided.
- Proofreads and conducts QA activities on materials and mailings to ensure error-free execution, including the accurate population of variable data.
- Assists with developing project specifications to meet marketing and communications goals.
- Coordinates internal and external reviews and approvals as needed.
- Tracks and analyzes and reports on results as appropriate.
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in communication, marketing or business required.
Experience: Minimum of one year of general office experience, inclusive of internships, required. Experience in direct marketing, brand marketing, advertising, or promotions preferred. Excellent written and oral communication and customer service skills required. Proficiency in personal computer, preferably MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Ability to interface with people of all levels throughout the organization as well as external vendors/customers required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.