Manages and oversees data related projects for a specific line of business. Expands the use of information in decision making and and collaborates with Operations, Business Development, Finance, Strategy, Quality and/or other departments. Conceptualizes, gathers and analyzes data from both internal and external sources as it relates to business activity, market trends, product development and the productivity, efficiency and quality of operations. Manages and researches the data collection and prepares related reports for leadership review/use. Leads training to ensure staff are able to use data effectively. Coordinates with BIA to ensure that interpretation of information will be uniform across all users. Represents department in agency-wide data related projects. Works under general direction.
- Plans, develops and manages both detailed and high-level analyses and reporting to provide insight to decision makers and/or management team.
- Performs detailed analyses in response to requests from internal and external customers.
- Analyzes data, identifies trends, reviews and evaluates findings.
- Summarizes data in user-friendly reports constructing dashboards, tables, graphs, and providing statistical and qualitative analysis.
- Prepares and distributes performance reports to monitor program activity and market trends and assists in strategic planning for the line of business.
- Recommends and implements efficient means of data collection, posting of reports and maintenance to management, as needed.
- Collaborates with BIA team to streamline standard reporting needs.
- Represents the department’s needs with IT on new processes; brings informatics and analytics together across systems; represents the department on system changes and updates (e.g. reference tables, CRM, etc.).
- Serves on workgroups to evaluate and implement new systems.
- Coordinates with BIA team to document data definitions to ensure correct and consistent use and interpretation of metrics across the organization.
- Develops an understanding of all departmental reporting to ensure accuracy and use of reporting standards and definitions.
- Instructs and mentors department staff to new technology as well as existing tools and methods on the most efficient way of working with data sets for analysis and reporting.
- Obtains end user feedback/input to ensure that their reporting needs are met.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
- Works with IT, Data Architecture, and BIA departments, Foothold EMR and Care Management system vendor, and CMHS leadership and program managers to map data from the EMR to the VNSNY data warehouse.
- Works with IT and EMR vendor to develop an automated process to extract data for import into the VNSNY data warehouse on a daily basis.
- Performs quality assurance on data extracts prior to import into the data warehouse.
- Serves as backup to Foothold AWARDS Administrator for Help Desk, training, form and report creation functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance or the equivalent work experience required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience with analytic work preferably in a healthcare setting or the equivalent required.
- Business operations or financial planning and data analysis experience required.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytic skills, as well as the ability to interpret and present key analytic findings required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand industry issues and problems, relate them to clients' needs, and propose appropriate solutions required.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, data management and governance, and proficiency with presentation tools such as MS Office suite required.
- Outstanding critical thinking, questioning, listening and attention to detail skills required.
- Familiarity with Foothold AWARDS EMR preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.