Works with Business Intelligence & Analytics (BIA) and Data Architecture Services (DAS) departments to implement defined data quality rules to ensure the delivery of high quality data across the enterprise. Ensures business system owners understand data quality drivers.Works with stakeholders, IT and vendors to execute plans to improve data quality. Works with team members to define quality metrics to measure and monitor quality of data. Works under general supervision.
- Manages the assessment, improvement, and governance of data quality at VNSNY.
- Works with stakeholders to define governance rules used to develop and implement data quality standards.
- Profiles and analyzes data to develop insights in support of the data governance and management activities.
- Works with IT developers to translate business rules into data quality rules and implement them. Monitors, tracks and reports ongoing data quality levels.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable data privacy regulations and policies.
- Establishes target goals for data quality improvement and identifies optimal approaches for resolving data quality issues to achieve targets.
- Works with team members to produce and automate quality reports. Collaborates and shares knowledge with internal teams to ensure single source of truth for all data.
- Identifies and manages critical data quality issues and risks. Prioritizes and executes a variety of objectives and clearly communicate progress and roadblocks.
- Articulates complex concepts, thought leadership and the business value of solutions in a clear and understandable way.
- Develops and implements data cleansing processes to ensure foundational data and data models are complete, timely, and accurate.
- Communicates the importance of managing data as an asset.
- Performs all duties inherent in a supervisory role. Ensures effective staff training, interviews candidates for employment, evaluates staff performance and recommends hirings, promotions, salary actions, and terminations, as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related field or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum five years experience in business analytics, large BI projects, system design, and data architecture required. Proven experience in implementing new processes or systems and process efficiency improvement required. Understanding of data visualization tools (MicroStrategy, Tableau) used by VNSNY for business intelligence analytics and reporting required. Working knowledge of one or more BI and/or analytical tools (R, Python, SAS) preferred. Advanced SQL and MS Excel skills required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.