Coordinates and manages government grant initiatives and projects identified by program leadership. Provides project management, analysis, and communicates efforts regarding selected grant projects. Manages contract renewals and document management with grant funding agencies. Manages VNSNY access to the city, state and federal grant systems. Assists in grant writing. Works under general direction.
- Assists in the development, evaluation, recommendation, and monitoring of the selection of program opportunities and external funding development goals and objectives consistent with VNSNY’s strategic plan, policies, standards and procedures.
- Participates in the research and development of proposals for new grants consistent with VNSNY strategic objectives and target populations.
- Monitors city, state, federal, and private funding opportunities and recommends which are appropriate matches for VNSNY strategy and objectives.
- Manages VNSNY’s access to the city, state and federal grant systems.
- Develops project management plans and monitors progress of grant process against timelines stated within project plan. Ensures that milestones are met and deliverables are produced on time. Advises management when project is not on track and recommends ways to mitigate issues. Communicates project status on a regular basis through reports, memos, presentations and other communications as needed.
- Engages appropriate VNSNY experts, SBUs, and support departments to further project goals and objectives.
- Coordinates government grant applications and related collaborative projects.
- Plans, facilitates, moderates and participates as a member/leader on taskforces, project teams and panels.
- Manages government grants renewal calendar and documentation submission to external entities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, health care or a related field required. Master’s degree in business administration, health care administration, and public administration preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years experience working with government grants and/or project management, preferably in a health care setting or not-for-profit organization, required. Strong grant writing skills and basic financial analysis skills required. Consulting/team experience preferred. Strong organizational skills required. Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Proficient in personal computer, preferably Microsoft Windows Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access, required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.