Develops, implements, and manages marketing communications to help achieve business goals, regulatory compliance, and to support individual business unit needs. Contributes to overall success of the Marketing team with strategic thinking, content creation, and project management. Maintains strong relationships internally and externally including outside vendors and agency partners. Leads projects independently as needed, and partners with senior leadership and other colleagues when appropriate. Works under general direction.
- Develops strategies, creates marketing plans, implements tactics, and analyzes results for specified business unit goals or initiatives as appropriate.
- Manages the development and updating of B2C and B2B marketing and communication assets, such as advertising, collateral, website content, direct marketing, e-mails, presentation decks, newsletters, required member materials (CHOICE) and letters. This includes writing marketing briefs (as appropriate), overseeing copy development and design, reviewing with key stakeholders and legal, and measuring and analyzing results, where applicable.
- Participates in paid media planning and provides tactical input for assigned areas.
- Oversees production of advertising, content and collateral for assigned areas, including the management of timelines and budgets.
- Acts as “operational center” for assigned areas, providing support as needed, such as meeting preparation (setting agendas, organizing materials) and finance-related aspects (reviewing scopes of work, opening purchase orders, managing budgets, invoicing).
- Manages day-to-day relationships with external marketing vendors, including printers, promotional suppliers, freelancers, creative and media agencies.
- Prepares and disseminates regular competitive reports, including intel on competitor advertising, website, social media, collateral
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of the health care industry including key customers and competitor organizations. Keeps informed about significant regulatory changes impacting VNSNY business operations or financial position.
- Participates in special projects and performs other job duties as required.
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in communication, marketing or business required. MBA/Masters in Marketing/Advertising preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience in direct marketing, brand marketing, advertising, communications, promotions or other relevant experience required, preferably in some aspect of health care. Experience in developing and managing successful marketing campaigns required. Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and strong project management skills required. Knowledge of brand marketing (consumer & trade), advertising, social media, web content or other channels. Intermediate to advanced capabilities using PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Acrobat. Experience marketing to health care professionals and/or health care payers (health plans) strongly preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.