Manages and oversees CHOICE Health Plan business development strategies designed to maximize brand identity, increase external visibility and develop community relationships that may lead to program growth where appropriate and compliant. Ensures LHCSAs, CHHAs, IPAs and other potential community providers are educated on CHOICE Health Plan products. Works under general direction.
- Ensures relationships between business development staff and high-level community partners are strategic and mutually beneficial to the enterprise and communities in which we serve.
- Manages the implementation of new and/or enhanced business opportunities designed to generate qualified referrals. Presents and discusses solutions with key community partners.
- Prepares presentations for new and enhanced programs designed to generate referrals and oversees implementation activities linked to such programs. Collaborates with program subject-matter experts for presentation, as appropriate.
- Identifies key opportunities to partner with new and existing customers that support the goals of CHOICE Health Plans.
- Works with provider relations to develop a collaborative outreach strategy.
- Analyzes data and reports to identify trends in customer referral/enrollment patterns as well as potential growth opportunities. Makes recommendations based on analysis.
- Keeps up to date on the latest health care, regional, and Long Term Services and Support (LTSS) program trends through networking, professional memberships, and select journal reading. Synthesizes trends and determines application and integration into business development strategies. Shares information with leadership.
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role. Ensures effective staff training, evaluates staff performance, provides input for the development of the department budget, and hires, promotes and terminates staff and recommends salary actions, as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special project, as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent work experience required. Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle or ability to travel through all five boroughs required.
Experience: Minimum five years of Medicare and/or Medicaid enrollment experience required. Prior experience working within a nursing home required. Supervisory experience preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office and other Windows-based applications required. Demonstrated ability to gain commitment, build rapport with others (facility staff, physicians, etc.) required. Experience and success in serving ongoing customer needs as a retention strategy required. Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend solutions to market and customer trends required. Ability to adapt to change and work in a team based environment required. Ability to collaborate with and influence others inside/outside own department/functional area required. Strong communication, presentation and sales skills required. Bi-lingual skills may be required based on operational needs.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.