The ideal Strategic Finance Manager is a fast learner who brings a quantitative perspective to their work and is excited to bring their skills to bear across VNSNY’s breadth of healthcare businesses. The position focuses on developing business plans for new products, both in our Provider organization and our Health Plan, as well as exploring growth opportunities via acquisitions. The role will play an integral role in the development of pro formas and support strategic business plans fostering the future growth and financial viability of the organization, and as a result will have significant exposure to senior leadership.
- Manages the development and implementation of long-range strategic financial plans, goals and objectives. Develops related financial forecasts for either VNSNY CHOICE or VNSNY Provider Services that link to the business’ strategic objectives. Assists in the design of financial models to support multi-assumption comparative budget vs. actual analyses.
- Supports development of business plans through development of presentations and supportive materials for new business ventures, products, and solutions.
- Collaborates with business unit leadership on evaluation of emerging business opportunities (including new programs or acquisitions) and prepares financial analyses pertaining to strategic and operational issues, to support leadership in their decision-making process. Creates methodologies to track achievement to business case once a new program is initiated.
- Participates in the preparation of analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings at the Corporate and Board levels.
- Develops and enhances competitive intelligence, customer intelligence, geographic economic data and technology trends.
- Analyzes financial impact of changes to legislation and regulations; supports the development of business unit’s response.
- Develops/maintains a strong understanding of all VNSNY CHOICE strategic, marketing, operational, and regulatory objectives associated with the strategic position of health plan-sponsored Medicare and Medicaid managed care products, with regard to quality of care and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role. Ensures staff training and development, evaluates staff performance, provides input for the development of the department budget, and hires, orients, promotes and terminates staff and recommends salary actions, as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance required. Master's degree in Business Administration, or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years of experience preferred in financial analysis, budgeting or related discipline, preferably in a health care setting, required. Experience in a Managed Care or Homecare organization preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point required. Tableau or SQL experience a significant plus. Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills required. Knowledge of Workday, Oracle and statistical software preferred. Experience in a lead or supervisory capacity preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Ability to handle multiple priorities and work well both independently and as a member of a team.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.