Participates in the development and implementation of long-range strategic financial plans, goals and objectives. Assists in the design of financial models to support multi-assumption comparative budget vs actual analyses. Works under general supervision.
- Participates in the development and implementation of long-range strategic financial plans, goals and objectives. Develops related financial forecasts for VNSNY program that links to the business’ strategic objectives. Provides market insight into the development of the vision and drivers. Assists in the design of financial models to support multi-assumption comparative budget vs. actual analyses.
- Contributes to the development of presentations and supportive materials for new business ventures, products, and solutions.
- Prepares financial analyses of emerging business opportunities to support leadership in decision making. Analysis includes, but is not limited to, pro forma, cash flow and ROI development. Creates methodologies to track achievement to business case once a new program is initiated.
- Provides financial analyses in meeting the needs of senior leadership in planning new initiatives and estimating opportunities/risks. Ensures consistent financial evaluation methodologies. Creates methodologies to track achievement to business case once a new program is initiated.
- Participates in the preparation of analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings at the Corporate and Board levels.
- Develops and enhances competitive intelligence, customer intelligence, geographic economic data and technology trends. Utilizes market intelligence from both governmental (CMS/ HHS) and public sector (ex S&P) to inform landscape. Researches emerging market opportunities and risks.
- Analyzes financial impact of changes to legislation and regulations; supports the development of business unit’s response.
- Develops/maintains a strong understanding of all VNSNY CHOICE strategic, marketing, operational, and regulatory objectives associated with the strategic position of health plan-sponsored Medicare and Medicaid managed care products, with regard to quality of care and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance required. Master's degree in Business Administration, or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum four years of experience in financial analysis, budgeting, investment banking/private equity or related discipline, preferably in a health care setting, required. Experience in a Managed Care or Homecare organization preferred. Mastery with Microsoft Excel, including strong Financial Modeling skills, Word, Power Point, and Access required. Demonstrated strong analytical background, including the ability to break down and work through complex problems in a structured manner, using both quantitative and qualitative methods required. Ability to work effectively while handling multiple projects required. Knowledge of Workday, Oracle and statistical software preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.