Leads Strategy, Performance & Innovation (SPI) activities and projects identified by the President/Chief Executive Officer and the various strategic business units across the VNSNY organization. Supervises staff on specific projects and provides project management oversight on complex projects including tracking implementation and monitoring effectiveness of organizational changes. Activities include, but are not limited to, designing complex analytical approaches, data collection and analysis, report writing and production, tracking project activities and tasks, and helping to ensure the overall success of the department. Participates in SPI staff development and recruiting.
- Develops a strong understanding of all VNSNY strategic business objectives and business unit operations. Articulates business issues and designs project approaches. Develops and applies practical, innovative ideas and approaches. Provides project management oversight and monitoring, data collection, and analytical support for projects led by Performance Improvement.
- Defines core processes and maps current states for redesign projects and assists with solution design. Provides facilitation support at meetings as needed. Develops positive working relationships with leadership team across VNSNY organization.
- Leads activities in defining the scope of projects, developing project plans, and ensuring forward momentum of projects toward stated goals. Tracks and monitors project work plans, including objectives, tasks and time frames, to ensure deliverables are completed on time. Identifies and responds to changing project circumstances and communicates issues to project leadership. Takes a flexible, team player approach, willing to “pitch in” whenever and wherever needed. Initiates and leads project evaluation process at project close.
- Collects and analyzes data required for SPI projects and for corporate wide monitoring of project outcomes. Summarizes, creates, and distributes reports as needed.
- Oversees the creation and delivery of presentations on project status and outcomes to management.
- Writes reports, memos and other communications as needed. Coordinates report production as needed.
- Oversees and participates in interdisciplinary and interdepartmental work groups. Assists in the facilitation of work group meetings, as needed, in support of performance improvement projects.
- Demonstrates department’s commitment to excellent customer service through prompt responses to all internal and external customers. Represents the department’s capabilities and mission effectively to internal and external customers.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of SPI staff and other VNSNY staff tasked to SPI projects. Has input regarding SPI staff’s performance on yearly performance evaluations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field required. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum five years progressive experience in consulting, operations, financial analysis, or related discipline - OR - three years progressive experience and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field required. Proficient with personal computers, including Microsoft Windows Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point required. Project management and facilitation skills required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.