Manages the day to day activities of the talent acquisition team designed to attract and acquire talent to meet organizational workforce needs in serving its client, member, and patient population. Ensures VNSNY talent acquisition strategy supports the achievement of VNSNY’s strategic plan and related goals/objectives. Implements processes and procedures for talent acquisition in concordance with best practices and legal and regulatory requirements. Works with Talent Acquisition and HR leadership, as well as business and operations leadership, on workforce strategies and goals and sets hiring targets to achieve objectives. Supports a culture of employee career growth and employee referrals to build the best possible workforce for VNSNY. Works under general direction.
- Participates in the development of workforce strategies to support service delivery and organizational strategy for assigned areas designed to attract and hire talent with the appropriate skills, knowledge, and motivation to support VNSNY. Utilizes external market data and trends on workforce availability to help predict labor movement, challenges, and opportunities.
- Maintains and implements policies and procedures for the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of internal and external applicants. Implements and maintains policies and procedures to support best practices in the successful and timely hiring of staff in adherence to regulatory and legal standards.
- Manages Talent Acquisition staff to ensure the recruitment, hiring, induction and placement of qualified staff meet VNSNY staffing needs.
- Works with Talent Acquisition Operations leadership to establish VNSNY advertising and marketing strategy and goals for talent acquisition. Keeps abreast of industry trends and technology to attract talent from multiple sources to VNSNY.
- Develops, recommends and implements recruitment advertising campaigns and advertisements, as appropriate, to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained and special recruitment and staffing needs are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Works with area leadership and hiring managers to track workforce needs. Obtains feedback on how recruiters and recruitment initiatives are proceeding and provides feedback.
- Works with Compensation to review pay practices for organization, both at the job level as well as at the department/operational level.
- Prepares, monitors and analyzes employment and related data, such as vacancy rates, length of time to fill, employment trends, employment law, etc. Develops and prepares reports and analytical summaries, as needed. Develops action plans as necessary.
- Ensures department compliance with government regulations and department/VNSNY policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition and HR leadership to develop programs and procedures to enhance positive employee relations and the resolution of employee relations issues and concerns.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of the Talent Acquisition budget.
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role. Ensures effective staff training, evaluates staff performance, provides input for the development of the department budget, hires, promotes and terminates staff, and recommends salary actions, as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field required. Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years of professional HR experience, including three years of recruiting, required. Minimum of three years supervisory experience preferred. Experience recruiting for health care, management and/or technical positions preferred. Strong computer skills and a demonstrated ability to use applicant tracking systems required. Experience with an HRM/HRIS system, preferably Workday, required. Proven successful design and implementation of recruitment plans with the ability to track results required; plans should include using a variety of channels and techniques to attract talent. Project management skills required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.