Establishes new and maintains existing relationships with key community organizations and leaders, including but not limited to Community Based Organizations (CBOs), FBO’s, political leaders, advocacy groups, and the provider community. Educates consumers in the communities served by VNSNY about MAP, MAPD or DSNP products and the benefits of enrolling in these VNSNY CHOICE products. Achieves monthly enrollment requirements and attends and conducts presentations during weekly events. Works under general supervision.
- Develops effective working relationships with the leadership and/or staff of key referral sources such as CBOs, the provider community, religious organizations and other appropriate channels to grow membership.
- Achieves monthly and annual membership goals.
- Performs all duties within CMS guidelines, following all rules and regulations and stays up to date on all new marketing policies.
- Provides direct consumer education about the VNSNY CHOICE MAP, MAPD or DNSP products.
- Performs retention efforts developed by department leadership to reduce member turnover.
- Develops, plans and executes health fairs and presentations to key community organizations.
- Initiates projects with department leadership to generate leads, build brand awareness and enroll new members.
- Travels between numerous referral sources across all regions to promote VNSNY’s MAP, MAPD or DSNP products.
- Participates in special projects and performs other job duties as required.
Licensure: Accident and Health Insurancelicense required. Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle or ability to travel through all five boroughs preferred.
Education: High School diploma or the equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years of managed Medicare, Medicaid, life insurance and/or any other sales experience that includes collecting premiums during the initial sale required OR a minimum two years of experience in a related department at VNS CHOICE required. Experience marketing to a culturally diverse target population required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to speak in front of large groups required. Strong organizational skills required. Existing relationships with key potential referrers required. Bi-lingual skills preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.