The Member Experience Coordinator assists with the planning, coordination, and implementation of presentations, events and grassroots strategies to enhance product visibility and improve market awareness of VNSNY CHOICE SelectHealth products and services. Works at assigned Designated Aids Clinics to support current and pending members. Calls existing members to ensure member satisfaction and pending members to ensure a smooth transition into VNSNY CHOICE Health Plans; ensures successful membership enrollment in Plan based on eligibility if consumer chooses.
- Maintains scheduled presence at Designated AIDS Centers (DACs) and resolves member issues. Ensures pending/current members understand plan details and options they are eligible for, answers inquires related to SelectHealth and documents resulting actions and comments.
- Informs pending members of anticipated future calls and contacts for plan eligibility verification.
- Mantains contact with current SelectHealth members in an effort to educate them of plan options, assist with benefit issues, or respond to members experiencing service failures.
- Responds to high priority member escalations; identifies and resolves underlying member service issues.
- Conducts disenrollment surveys for recently disenrolled members. Provides feedback on common dissastisfaction/disenrollment reasons observed to management for further triaging.
- Refers escalated inquiries to management.
- Performs all duties within CMS guidelines, following all rules and regulations and stays up to date on all new marketing policies.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of products, services and systems as required.
- Helps identify potential community partners and opportunities that may support referrals to SelectHealth.
- Coordinates informational presentations and educates community groups and the public about SelectHealth product.
- Collaborates with Partnership team when necessary and Community Based Organization (CBO) staff to determine and/or partner with specific event(s) offered at site or those created by SelectHealth.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or the equivalent required. Bachelors’ degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications or the equivalent work experience preferred. Certifed Application Counselor (CAC) certificate required within 6 months of hire.
Experience: Minimum two years of managed Medicare and/or Medicaid sales, customer service or marketing experience with a culturally diverse target population required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Bi-lingual skills preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.