Performs a variety of office services duties related to daily office operations. Receives direct incoming telephone calls to appropriate staff on a timely, responsive manner. Greets and provides direction to all visitors, as required. Works under general direction. This is an in office position only, 5 days a week, 8:30-4:30.
- Greets all visitors and ensure their registration on visitor log. Notifies appropriate staff members of visitor’s arrival.
- Receives all incoming telephone calls. Takes and completes messages and/or directs such calls to appropriate staff.
- Provides general clerical duties (i.e., photocopies, faxes and collates materials)
- Processes compliance related forms for status updates, such as; in-active status, reactivation status and termination forms.
- Works collaboratively internally to process clearances for field staff who are requesting to return to work.
- Assists internally with audits, such as pulling employee related files.
- Handles incoming, sorting and out-going of all mail and delivers mail interdepartmentally and inter-office at the scheduled times.
- Retrieves and storing supplies in the basement, keeping it organized and secure.
- Assists in the preparation, processing and logging of all supplies.
- Assure a safe, clean, secure, and properly maintained work environment.
- Carries out light cleaning duties (mopping, cleaning kitchen dusting).
- Participates in other projects and performs other duties, as required.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience preferred. Effective oral/written/interpersonal communication skills required. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.