Photographs, shoots video and provides post-production work for VNSNY projects. Works under general supervision.
- Records events, stories and interviews as needed, using digital SLR cameras or other approved devices, media lighting, and audio equipment.
- Edits original footage using creative storytelling and editing to produce content to be used throughout VNSNY training programs, events, etc.
- Adapts to changes and revisions, solving problems alongside the Enterprise Communications team.
- Works collaboratively in all phases of production.
- Works with Enterprise Communication to ensure consistency and quality of the VNSNY brand in the production of all video content.
- Directs video participants to capture specific activities and events for the camera as needed.
- Edits captured video to tell concise, visually pleasing stories or to relay video message.
- Sets up and breaks down recording equipment before and after use.
- Logs all recorded video footage.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Film and Video, Multimedia Design, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum two years of video recording experience required. Demonstrated proficiency working with camera equipment (digital SLR and video recording cameras), studio lighting equipment, audio recording equipment (microphones) and video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro CC) required. Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Media Encoder preferred. Advanced knowledge with pre-production fundamentals including, but not limited to, camera setup, lighting, sound and post-production fundamentals such as footage review, rough cuts, audio adjustment and final editing of content required. Knowledge of creating appropriate pacing, narration, and audio in content preferred. Strong communication skills required.Motion graphics and animation design abilities preferred.
- A portfolio of past work to demonstrate above qualifications ability to think conceptually and execute flawlessly required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.