The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to meeting the health care needs of New Yorkers with compassionate, high-quality home health care. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life.
Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees- including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals- deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 48,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.
Provides agency wide support, analysis and sourcing of printed material, facilities, and non-IT goods and servces in compliance with VNSNY policies, procedures, existing contracts and agreements. Works directly with internal customers in order to assist them with purchases and order specifications. Works directly with the Procurement system creating purchase orders for these commodities and others as directed by the Procurement management. Works under general supervision.
- Purchases non-IT goods and services for the organization. Assists with the evaluation and approval of vendors and creates purchase orders for goods or services.
- Contacts vendors and reviews catalogs, online sources, and other source material to obtain information on items for purchase evaluation and purchases material from appropriate sources under contract or at the direction of Procurement and Contract management.
- Provides customer service to internal clients and maintains a high standard of business and ethical vendor/supplier relationships.
- Reviews detailed requests for new or revised forms, confers with customers and vendors on the development of forms in concert with existing contracts and strategic sourcing efforts.
- Prepares documentation for Request for Quotes (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP), and Requests for Information (RFI) under the direction of Procurement and Contract management.
- Initiates purchase orders on accepted bids and/or competitive price for approval. Follows-up on orders to expedite deliveries, monitors back orders and discrepancies and performs general supplier performance evaluations.
- Identifies and develops alternative sources of supply for strategic sourcing analysis.
- Serves as a member of cross-functional Value Analysis Teams as required. Identifies potential process or commodity improvement opportunities for cost savings, cost avoidance and productivity improvements.
- Processes and reviews customer requisitions; creates purchase orders for medical supplies, capital expense items as required, print items, housekeeping supplies and other commodities as determined by Procurement management.
Education: Associates Degree in Business Administration, Purchasing, Merchandising, Marketing or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum of three years of progressive purchasing and inventory control system experience required. Strong knowledge of preparing bid documentation and management of bidding process required. Proficient with personal computers, including Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook required. Knowledge of Workday software preferred.