Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation’s largest not-for-profit community-based health system. VNSNY provides a comprehensive array of home- and community-based programs, including health plans, tailored to the needs of high-risk, vulnerable New Yorkers, improving their quality of life. Each day,more than 13,000 VNSNY employees — including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals — deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources tomore than48,000 patients and health plan members, helping them to live the best lives possible.
Provides assistance to clinical and business staff with the design and development of workflow analysis on new or existing systems. Evaluates and resolves on system and workflow issues, documents clinical information and educates end-users on existing, new and enhanced clinical and business systems to improve Agency-wide efficiency and performance. Works under general supervision.
- Develops project plan that includes specifications tasks, work assignments, resources and project milestones for design and implementation of new or enhanced Clinical Systems and related applications. (Coordinates and reviews system specifications among application groups to assure completeness of design and integration into existing systems for effective project performance.)
- Coordinates with cross-organizational groups, which include policy makers, management, business and clinical staff to develop and design requirements for new / enhancements of Clinical System and related applications.
- Documents testing processes and results in accordance to departmental protocols. Reviews testing results with testing groups and forwards to Information Technology (IT) for correction.
- Analyzes the effect of implementing automated systems on existing policies, procedures, and organizational workflow, and recommends changes to address its deficiencies.
- Ensures that new or enhanced aspect of the Clinical Systems is in compliance with state and federal regulations, the Nurse Practice Act, the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP) and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization (JCAHO) Standards for Home Health Organizations.
- Coordinates with Operations Team in the development of educational training materials, user procedure manuals and user testing. Prepares reports on pre-test and post-test results to address deficiencies and educates team members and trainers on content.
- Participates in all phases of the project lifecycle and ensures that standards are followed and the systems developed/modified are adequately tested or documented.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or Health Care or the equivalent related work experience required.
Experience: Minimum of three years of progressive broad based analysis experience in systems design, systems implementation and process redesign required. Strong knowledge of logical business processes in developing functional specifications based on operational analysis required. Strong knowledge of operations of personal computer, Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint, Access, Word and Excel required. Effective oral / written communication skills, consulting and analytical skills and ability to work with clients, IT management, staff, consultants and vendors required. Minimum of one year of health care or health plan experience in health care information systems preferred.