Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation’s largest not-for-profit community-based health system. VNSNY provides a comprehensive array of home- and community-based programs, including health plans, tailored to the needs of high-risk, vulnerable New Yorkers, improving their quality of life. Each day,more than 18,000 VNSNY employees — including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, dieticians, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals — deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources tomore than35,000 patients, helping them to live the best lives possible.
Assists Accounting management in preparation of the Consolidated Financial reports, accounting and Statistical analysis and operating reports. Works under general direction.
- Prepares operating reports and financial statements from general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Perepares and records asset, liability, revenues and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Prepares various account analyses to ensure accuracy of financial statements and to ensure correct documentation and proper allocations.
- Prepares State NY-S-45 and Federal 941 quarterly reports required by government agencies for filing. Also, coordinates the preparation of the Form 990s.
- Prepares various supporting documentation for external auditors.
- Participates in the preparation and interpretation of documents for senior leadership.
- Maintains statistical data within financial system to ensure accuracy of allocations.
- Participates in special projects and perform other duties as required.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license .preferred
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in accounting or auditing required. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite knowledge, required. Proficiency with accounting software and experience with software system implementation preferred.