The Senior Accountant will assist the Grant Financial manager in all matters of preparing financial reports, and accounting and statistical reports.
- Prepares operating reports and financial statements from general and subsidiary ledgers
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenues and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Prepares various account analyses to ensure accuracy of financial statements and to ensure correct documentation and proper allocations
- Prepares various supporting documentation for external auditors
- Participates in the preparation and interpretation of documents for senior leadership
- Maintains statistical data within financial system to ensure accuracy of allocations
- Participates in special projects and perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, required
- Minimum of two years experience in grant accounting or auditing, required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, required
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft General Ledger system, preferred
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.