Assists accounting management for VNSNY and its subsidiaries, as well as the grant programs in the preparation of consolidated financial reports, monthly reconciliation and balance sheets, statistical analyses and operating reports. Administers and monitors the fiscal affairs for grant funded programs to ensure alignment with established grant policies and objectives, as appropriate. Works under general direction.
- Prepares journal entries to record asset, liability, revenues, expenses, and statistical entries by compiling and analyzing account information. Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying posting, and reconciling transaction and resolving discrepancies.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financial statements from general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Performs monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position variance analyses.
- Prepares various account analyses to ensure accuracy of financial statements and to ensure correct documentation and proper allocations.
- Prepares various supporting documentation for internal and external auditors, including MAR as it applies to CHOICE, and complies with all policies and procedures.
- Participates in the preparation and interpretation of documents for senior leadership.
- Maintains statistical data within financial system to ensure accuracy of allocations.
- Identifies areas for improvement and recommends changes to management.
- Prepares and verifies information on worksheets to be included in the Board Financial package.
- Prepares tax reports for various government agencies, including coordination of the Form 990 and Cost Reports.
- Performs account analyses and intercompany reconciliations.
- Utilizes standard VNSNY systems for production of balance sheets, special reports, receivable tracking, and fiscal year reports.
- Assists with the month-end/year-end close processes.
- Prepares statutory reporting as applicable.
- Participates in special projects and perform other duties as required.
For Corporate Only:
- Performs account reconciliations for all reconciliations that impact all entities as well as intercompany reconciliations.
- Prepares consolidated financial statements.
- Assists in year end audit of consolidated financial statements.
For VNSNY CHOICE Only:
- Prepares CHOICE standalone audited financial statements.
For Grants Only:
- Assist in developing and administering policies and procedures for the most effective internal control and use of physical and financial resources of VNSNY in relation to the Community Mental Health Services Division, grant programs for Children and Family Services, AIDS, Research and Education, and newly acquired funding.
- Prepares and records restricted and temp restricted contributions and perform monthly reconciliations.
- Participates in discussions and planning with grant leadership on major equipment purchases, lease arrangements, and other items pertaining to grant contracts.
- Responds to funders’ requests for A-133’s, financial audits, etc.
- Prepares reports required by funding agencies. Manages the timeliness of reports completed by the other VNSNY grant programs, validates the accuracy of such reports, and ensures the proper retention of such reports.
- Assists program leadership in preparing applications to government agencies and/or private foundations.
- Assists program leadership in preparing and modifying budgets.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Master’s degree in Finance preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
Experience: Minimum of three years of experience in accounting or auditing required. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite knowledge, required. Proficiency with accounting software and experience with software system implementation preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.