Provides analytical, planning, coordination, and implementation support to performance & innovation activities and projects identified by the President/Chief Executive Officer and the various strategic business units across the VNSNY organization. Assists department senior management with tracking implementation, monitoring effectiveness of organizational changes, including designing analytical approaches, data collection and analysis, report writing, tracking project tasks, and helping to ensure the overall success of the department. Works under general supervision.
- Develops a strong understanding of all VNSNY strategic business objectives and business unit operations. Assists department’s senior management with articulating business issues and designing project approaches. Provides data collection, analytical support to team and monitors projects led by Strategy, Performance & Innovation team.
- Defines core processes and maps current states for redesign projects and assists with solution design. Provides facilitation support at meetings as required. Develops trusting relationships with leadership team across VNSNY organization.
- Collects and analyzes data required for corporate wide monitoring by Strategy, Performance & Innovation. Summarizes, creates, and distributes reports as needed.
- Actively participates on projects, including assisting in defining the scope of projects, developing project plans, and ensuring forward momentum of projects toward stated goals. Tracks and monitors project work plans, including objectives, tasks and time frames to ensure deliverables are completed on time. Responds to changing project circumstances and communicates issues to project leadership. Takes a flexible, team player approach, willing to “pitch in” whenever and wherever needed.
- Writes reports, memos and other communications as needed. Coordinates report production as needed.
- Oversees and participates in interdepartmental work groups as needed in support of performance improvement projects.
- Demonstrates department’s commitment to excellent customer service through prompt response to all internal and external customers. Represents the department’s capabilities and mission effectively to internal and external customers. Communication is tactful, empathetic, professional, clear and assertive when needed.
- Participates in the design and delivery of presentations on project status and outcomes to management.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business or related discipline required. Master's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years progressive experience in consulting, operations or financial analysis, or related discipline required. Proficient with personal computers, including Microsoft Windows Excel, Word, Access, Power Point required. Project management and facilitation skills required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.