Functions at the most senior level Business Systems Analyst role. Works directly with senior management on highly visable projects to understand business needs and challenges and to develop innovative solutions to meet those needs. Gathers requirements, performs analysis, designs new or enhanced systems to meet operational, business and clinical needs. Acts as most seasonsed Business Systems Analyst on team; coordinates exchanges of knowledge and ideas, and mentors analysts in all phases of the project lifecycle to ensure that best practice and standards are followed. Collaborates with others in Business Unit and/or Project Manager on assigned projects.
- Collaborates with senior level management to understand business needs and challenges, and develops innovative solutions to meet those needs.
- Functions as most seasoned Business Systems Analyst on team. Work is independently on most deliverables. Works in partnership with senior leadership and training department to ensure successful delivery of project objectives.
- Develops business case and ROI models to support user requests, coordinates with business leadership, finance and IT leadership as necessary. Performs high level product research relating to build/buy decisions.
- Gathers requirements from cross-organizational groups, including policy makers, leadership , business, clinical and IT staff for new development and/or enhancements of Clinical System and related applications. Includes participation in a build/buy analysis and gathering requirements for a vendor application selection.
- Analyzes requirements, workflow and consequences of system changes, and recommends changes to address deficiencies. Develops design for new and/or enhanced systems for all platforms (Tablet, Mainframe, Web).
- Writes requirements, functional specifications, report or metrics specifications, and other supporting documentation for new and/or enhanced systems. Produces documentation suitable for business clients, programmers, QA and trainers.
- Ensures that new or enhanced aspects of clinical systems are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Informs department manager and project manager of project progress and problems, and ensures that these problems are reviewed and resolved prior to implementation.
- Participates in all phases of the project lifecycle and ensures that standards are followed and the systems developed or modified are adequately tested or documented. Advises on testing procedures and documentation, training methods and curriculum, implementation and conversion planning.
- Participates in establishing and implementing standard documentation formats & methodologies for requirements, functional specifications and system documentation. Monitors developments in the industry and helps bring best practices to the department.
- May mentors and coach less experienced Business Systems Analyst staff; coordinates exchange of knowledge, ideas and methods, and iRise best practice; advises analysts in developing specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Models existing undocumented systems; works with analyst team to build library of documentation & makes it available to the analyst group. Teaches modeling methods and in general helps advance the knowledge & expertise of the group.
- May perform other leadership roles including team building, staff training specific to business analysis, on boarding and support of new hires.
- Coordinates with Operations Team in the development of educational training materials, user procedure manuals and user testing. Prepares reports on pre-test and post-test results to address deficiencies and educates team members and trainers on content.
- Maintains analysts’ library of resources. Develops library of pertinent books and articles on information systems for the department.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Health Care Management or Business Administration required. Certificate in Information Systems preferred.
Experience: Minimum five years experience supporting business clients and developing functional specifications for IT systems, or two years of this experience plus a Master’s Degree in one of the above-referenced fields, required. Two years of experience in the health care industry also required. Strong knowledge of operations of mobile computing platforms & web- based technologies is required. Effective oral and written communication skills, consulting and analytical skills and ability to work with clients, IT management, staff, consultants and vendors required. Exposure as part of software development team, involved in all stages of software development life cycle required. Ability to function autonomously, and collaborate with most senior level leaders across the agency required. Ability to work on team and informally guide, mentor and coach less experienced Business Systems Analyst without having supervision of same staff, required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.