Assists Corporate Financial Planning and Budgets leadership with VNSNY analysis and budgeting activities, focusing on data analysis, budget preparation, adhoc analysis and cost containment. Also assists with the development of consolidated executive and board level reporting. Works under general direction.
- Assists Corporate Financial Planning and Budgets leadership with financial analysis activities using the Hyperion budget planning tool, Excel models and Workday. Reviews financial plans and supports the preparation of annual operating budgets in Hyperion and Workday.
- Assists with the production of budget, monthly operational review, finance committee and board packages.
- Ensures that input and changes to budget data for assigned areas of focus are correct. Produces summary of changes by each area after budget completion for review and sign-off.
- Assists in the design of Hyperion and Workday based elements such as reports, dashboards, forecasting, and input forms. Supports on-going updates and/or adjustments.
- Supports ongoing budget and forecast performance monitoring efforts. Prepares supporting schedules, to be used in monthly financial dashboard and key performance indicator reports. Assists management with analyses of major variances between budget/forecast plan and actual results across indicators including: Staffing, Program Volume, OTPS, Performance Indicators, as well as Productivity and Performance/Activity Measures. Prepares written and statistical summary reports.
- Leverages Hyperion and Workday based statistical, financial and benchmarking data to develop projections of financial results; analyzes results to identify spending trends, cost reductions and program issues. Collaborates with staff in other finance areas and other departments to verify expenditure and performance data and related findings.
- Keeps the Finance Management Team informed through meetings and provides status reports on status and progress of assignments.
- Participates in other special projects and other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related discipline required. Master's degree in Business Administration preferred.
Experience: Minimum four years experience in budget and/or financial analysis required. Demonstrated high level proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Windows Excel, PowerPoint and Word), and ability to work with on-line databases and data warehouses required. Experience with Hyperion version 11 Planning, Reports, Essbase, Workday, and/or ”nVision preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.