CHCPR seeks qualified Research Scientists to lead high-quality, methodologically sound research studies on home and community based care. Scientists are responsible for developing and maintaining an independent program of externally funded research funding. Working with the Center director and other investigators, internally and externally, scientists build collaborations and develop funding proposals. Scientists are responsible for managing a team of multidisciplinary analytic, research, and evaluation staff. These positions require quantitative, writing and research competencies and skills.
- Designs and implements projects of varied size/scope/impact on the utilization, costs and quality of home and community-based services and long-term care.
- Develops proposals to external funders (e.g., AHRQ, NIH, RWJF, The Commonwealth Fund) in response to Requests for Proposals/Applications, for investigator-initiated grants, and in response to other grant and contract opportunities.
- Oversees the development and implementation of detailed data analytic plans using advanced statistical methods.
- Works with Director and other investigators and project staff to develop and implement research studies.
- Mentors others in research design and conduct. Provides general direction/guidance/training to new/less experienced staff.
- Prepares scientific and other articles and technical reports for publication; Presents at professional meetings.
- Education: Ph.D. with content expertise in Nursing, Public Health, Medicine, Gerontology, Social Work, Sociology, Health Economics, Informatics or other relevant discipline required.
- Required Experience: Successful track record in obtaining NIH/AHRQ funding to support research activities. Must have strong skills in outcomes-focused research, including data analysis, modelling, and interpretation. Proven publication and professional presentation record. Senior Scientist: Minimum of five years of experience conducting large scale R01-level independent research conducted in an academic, clinical or health policy research setting.
- Knowledge of and prior work experience in home health care setting preferred. Prior experience working with large data sets, decision support, geriatrics, chronic disease management, palliative care, and/or practice behavior change also preferred. A joint appointment with an academic medical center or university will be considered.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.