Assists the Accounting Manager in preparation of financial reports, accounting and statistical analysis and operating reports. Works under general direction.
- Under general direction of the Accounting Manager, prepares operating reports and financial statements from general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Enters monthly closing data into various databases to ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Conducts accounting analysis and prepares correcting entries to various general ledger accounts as needed.
- Reviews various accounting reports while financials are being prepared. Identifies and enters additional data required to ensure correct documentation and appropriate allocations.
- Prepares various reports and provides internal and external auditors with information and assistance necessary to conduct efficient and timely audits.
- Verifies entries in ledgers with source data to resolve balance discrepancies.
- Uses Asset Management system to ensure control of and monitor fixed assets of the firm.
- Prepares various account analyses to ensure accuracy of financial statements and to ensure correct documentation and proper allocations.
- Prepares bank reconciliation and maintain cash receipt ledger
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
Experience: One year of experience in accounting or auditing required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PeopleSoft required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.