The Supervisor of Service Operations supervises the day to day operations and coordinates all work activities of CHOICE Service Operations. Ensures a customer-focused operation that meets VNSNY CHOICE standards, goals, and objectives. Makes recommendations on operational improvements for the department.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the CHOICE Service Operations. Oversees the development, utilization, and evaluation of internal processes to ensure customer satisfaction, efficient operations, and accurate and timely resolution for all complaints and issues.
- Monitors the Automated Call Distribution (ACD) system to ensure department service commitments and goals are achieved. Ensures exceptional customer service and adherence to all organizational policies and procedures. Coaches staff to provide quality patient service, and prompt and accurate completion of all required documentation.
- Monitors the documentation of confinement service requests for regulatory compliance. Stays abreast of project time lines for the completion of service commitments and goals.
- Develops and maintains a strong ongoing customer service focus in dealing with internal and external customers and conveying a positive image of VNSNY CHOICE. Serves as a key liaison between other VNSNY CHOICE departments.
- Supervises Service Operations Staff on effectiveness of activities (e.g., responsiveness to call, number of calls, complaints issues, accuracy in setting up authorizations, etc.,), member satisfaction and retention. Works with the Manager of Service Operations to identify trends and variances; ensures timely and accurate resolution of discrepancies.
- Monitors performance of staff according to established standards. Coaches and develops staff as needed to ensure consistent, high quality customer service. Provides guidance and training to new and less experienced staff. Acts as a resource to new or less experienced staff in identifying solutions to unique or difficult calls/issues, and to ensure accurate, effective and timely resolution.
- Participates in Quality Assurance (“QA”) activities to maintain high levels of staff performance and aligns department performance with VNSNY CHOICE standards.
- Performs all duties inherent in a supervisory role. Participates in identifying staffing and operational needs, participates in hiring, training, evaluating and when necessary, termination of assigned staff in accordance to VNSNY policies and procedures. Collaborates with Manager, in conducting performance appraisal of assigned staff.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
Education: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent work experience) in Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum of three to five years experience in a health plan or customer service environment required. Working knowledge of Medicare /Medicaid and NYS and CMS regulations a plus. Proficient in personal computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel required. Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.