Looking for a Care Professional that services Medicaid eligible members with a serious mental illness and/or two of the following: substance abuse, HIV/AIDS and/or multiple chronic illnesses.
- Reviews and utilizes completed medical and mental health assessments from the ResCARE clinical team when initiating the wellness plan for clients on the temporarily unable to work track
- Confirms acuity level of identified client and tailors services plan accordingly
- Maintains updated clients’ case records through the WeCARE wellness care management and HRA platforms, and coordinates effective electronic communication throughout all provider databases, as needed
- Maintains case records in accordance with the wellness care management policies/procedures, agency standards and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services or related field required
- Minimum of two years of experience providing direct services to seriously mentally ill patients/clients required for BA level candidates
- Minimum of one year of experience providing direct services to seriously mentally ill patients/clients required for MA level candidates
- Effective oral/written/interpersonal communication skills required. Basic computer skills required
- Valid driver’s license may be required, as determined by operational/regional needs
- Enrollment/attendance in Master’s degree program in human services or related field preferred
- Bilingual skills preferred, and may be required as determined by operational needs
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.