Looking for a Mental Health Specialist II to work with our comprehensive community support and treatment program for serious mental illness. We are involved with Long-term programs responsible for total outpatient psychiatric care.
- Must have a history of working in a multiple hospital setting (3 in the past 2 years).
- Provides direct social work services including assessment and treatment planning, supportive counseling and supportive therapy, advocacy and psychoeducation, and linkage to community agencies and services, as required
- Performs social work assessments of patients/families
- Develops treatment plan and goals for patients/families as appropriate
- Provides supportive counseling and/or supportive therapy as well as ongoing social work services
- Collaborates and refers to appropriate agencies as required
- Provides assistance in obtaining community services to patients, families and other caregivers
- Provides psycho education and advocacy for patients and families
- Participates in related VNSNY Home Care activities, e.g., utilization review, staff meetings, education programs
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related degree required
- Minimum one year of social work experience in a mental health or social service setting required
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.