Reviews and anticipates documentation needed for timely submission based on project. Assists the team members with issues and provide business and administrative support to the respective VNSNY program. Updates, monitors and maintains all tracking systems necessary for timely transactions, collections and reconciliations. Works under general direction.
- Receives and reviews reports and determines required documentation needed to initiate to prepare timely submission to appropriate vendor. Monitors and reviews reports and follows up to ensure information needed is received and processed for all admissions within the established guidelines.
- Monitors and prepares incoming requests and ensures that the patient record is sent to appropriate person to review for accuracy. Reviews and audits requests to ensure completed information and prepare record(s) for submission. Tracks/maintains transaction log with request date and submission dates.
- Collaborates with VNSNY internally on reconciliation of patient/provider accounts. Tracks, monitors, compiles and collects, data. Prepares and provides necessary information, including investigation and verification of insurance, as needed.
- Prepares and presents information related to special projects designed to analyze specific issues for management decision, as needed. Presents findings and makes preliminary recommendations for corrective action or new initiatives and implements approved decisions, as needed.
- Works with VNSNY staff on assigned projects and provides professional assistance to management and staff collecting, compiling and preparing the data for specific projects, as needed.
- Prepares and maintains weekly and monthly logs for management review.
- Acts as a resource to new clerical staff in addressing complex or problematic issues. Assists management in training of new staff. Provides feedback on training progress of new or less experienced employees.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
- Performs intake support which includes, but is not limited to, the follow up of managed care authorizations on pending referrals, referrals in need of face to face encounter form, physician certification and insurance verification, and fax coordination.
- Assists with the preparation of correspondence, data and drafting of materials for presentations, reports, publications, etc.
Education: High School Diploma or the equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, in a related field or the equivalent. Equivalent work experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum three years experience in business operations, preferably in a health care setting required. Proficient with personal computers preferably Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel required. Effective oral and written communication and analytical skills required. Ability to work in a collaborative team environment required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.