Performs administrative, clerical, customer service, data entry and processing, and coordination activities, which support patient service delivery. Works under direct supervision.
- Acts as liaison between assigned team/unit, customers, VNSNY staff and vendors. Responds to, researches and resolves routine and more complex customer service issues and requests for information in an accurate/effective/timely manner. Refers clinical/difficult issues to appropriate staff, as necessary.
- Coordinates/performs administrative and clerical support functions such as opening/routing mail, maintaining files and schedules, word processing documents, performing data entry, etc.
- Reviews referrals and obtains information for patient demographics, patient services, or other required data. Prepares and forwards information, including referrals to appropriate personnel. Sets up and maintains patient records, including electronic medical record.
- Monitors patient service documentation for completeness and timeliness; labels and logs documents for electronic storage; and advises appropriate staff of missing and overdue documents.
- Reviews and corrects audit reports and updates system, as appropriate.
- Participates in department meetings, as required.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties, as required.
Education: Associates Degree in related field OR equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum of two years of administrative/general office experience, which includes heavy customer interaction, required. Proficient personal computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel required. Effective oral/written communication skills required. Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost-effective health care in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, health plan members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. On any given day, VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, home health aides and other professionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to approximately 40,000 individuals in our care helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.