The Customer Service Representative receives, responds, and returns inbound phone calls. Screens incoming telephone calls to determine customer needs and to facilitate timely and appropriate services. Also coordinates, plans, and organizes the day-to-day operations and administrative matters to support the goals and objectives for the Branch.
- Researches and responds to inquires or problems and obtains answers in a timely manner and follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction of service within prescribed time in adherence to departmental prescribed period of time
- Analyzes, organizes and maintains records of call logs, performance reports and other data, as needed by management for review
- Assists Branch management with the preparation of correspondence, data and drafting materials for presentations, reports, publications, etc. Inputs, retrieves, compiles and formats information/data and prepares/ develops and maintains statistical reports, using appropriate word processing and spreadsheet software
- Monitors the Branch budget; reconciles purchase orders, requisitions, and other expenses. Monitors, orders, and maintains, supply inventory for the Branch to ensure adherence to budget
- Coordinates and maintains calendar for the Branch management. Maintains calendar of due dates of recurring reports, information and dates as requested by Branch management. Follows-up on outstanding requests, as necessary. Reviews, tracks and monitors Branch reports as necessary
- Monitors, maintains, and ensures that files are current and of relevant nature. Assists in the management of efficient staff record keeping system for Branch management. Coordinates with Human Resources, Payroll and other departments to resolve administrative problems or issues
- Opens, dates, sorts and directs incoming and outgoing correspondence to appropriate areas for action and follow up as, needed
Education: High School Diploma or the equivalent work experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Public Relations, Health Care or related field, or the equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years of customer service experience, preferably in a health care setting, required. Prior administrative, business or office management experience required. Effective oral, written, interpersonal communication skills required. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.