The Director, Quality, Learning and Development oversees and optimizes the training and quality of the Contact Center Shared Services related activities. Also oversees the quality improvement program and leads the design, development and execution of all learning and development programs. Works under general direction.
- Collaborates with operations leadership and clients to develop an integrated learning and development strategy that develops team members in support of the current business strategy and long-term vision of VNSNY. This includes new hire onboarding and training, continuing education, and other special training and quality programs as needed.
- Maintains Quality Improvement systems and process for both proactive interaction review and responses to performance concerns.
- Directs the development and deployment of a variety of training methods including mentoring, coaching, on-the-job, in classroom, e-learning, workshops, and simulations.
- Oversees the maintenance of learning and development systems, which include the learning management system (LMS) and Computer Based programs (CBT). Directs the development of training materials and curriculum. Supports management to ensure quality and development of frontline staff.
- Partners with business units across VNSNY to identify the desired business outcomes and develop engaging and effortless learning experiences to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Leads the design, development and deployment of development programs and ensure that all staff receive the development and education they need to drive the business and be successful in their current and future roles.
- Overseas the development and maintenance of accurate training records.
- Performs Quality Assurance of transactions (phone, manual and electronic inputs) to ensure regulatory and service requirements individually and from an end-to-end process perspective are maintained using statistically valid sampling.
- Works with external and internal clients to ensure the successful development, implementation and maintenance of all quality controls and service expectations. Provides quality results at an individual, team, and department level.
- Provides monthly, quarterly and annual quality reviews, including detailed reports to Operations Leadership along with recommendations for training and quality improvements.
- Leads and shapes the development of Audit standards including monitoring systems and processes.
- Ensures quality levels meet the needs of all internal and external clients with an emphasis on process, quality, and financial control.
- Completes and conducts Quality Systems effectiveness reviews and analysis.
- Stays abreast of customer service industry trends and ensures VNSNY/CCSS policies and procedures reflect the changes in the industry.
- Identifies and analyzes sources of member complaints and inquiries; develops and implements plans to improve customer satisfaction and member service efficiencies.
- Collaborates with CCSS leadership to ensure alignment of initiatives and the successful delivery of the CCSS strategy.
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role. Ensures effective staff training, evaluates staff performance, provides input for the development of the department budget, and hires, promotes and terminates staff and recommends salary actions, as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. MBA, MPH or MHA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of six years of experience in the adult learning, development and training field required. Minimum of four years of management experience required. Demonstrated excellent project management and consulting skills in the management of large-scale training programs, change management, and projects required. Strong analytical and software skills, particularly as it relates to quality improvement and training, required. Exceptional skills in leadership, coaching, analytical problem solving and strong business acumen required. Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of Learning Management Systems preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.