The Director, Workforce Management directs the provision of workforce resources to support Contact Center Shared Services leadership in maintaining service targets and commitments. Utilizes the contact center Workforce Management systems to provide real-time, short- and long-term volume projections and associated staffing requirements. Works under general direction.
- Oversees capacity planning, forecasting, and scheduling to ensure operational performance thresholds and service levels are met in a 24X7 contact center shared service.
- Advances strategic workforce planning capabilities, methodologies and tactics to enable scalability and support the efficient and cost-effective delivery of VNSNY business strategy.
- Provides strategic thought leadership and drive continuous improvement to advance workforce planning capabilities.
- Develops omni-channel forecasting and planning capabilities.
- Advises and consults with other operating functions to develop workforce strategies and plans to meet changing business needs.
- Identifies, analyzes, remediates, and/or modifies operational process changes, excess capacity, defects in workforce models and forecasts to deliver best in class workforce plans in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Oversees Workforce Management (WFM) reporting and analysis. Manages customized analysis to assess interaction arrival patterns and interaction volume impact from new initiatives.
- Ensures timely, accurate and actionable information is communicated to senior operations leadership and other key stakeholders to increase operating efficiencies and reduce overall operating costs.
- Recommends, develops and implements metrics and other measurements for workforce productivity, ROI, schedule efficiency, etc. to improve business results.
- Identifies and implements technology and other tools to improve workforce planning and workforce management.
- Administers WFM systems and ensures optimized utilization of WFM tools.
- Collaborates with CCSS leadership to ensure alignment of initiatives and the successful delivery of the CCSS strategy.
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role. Ensures effective staff training, evaluates staff performance, provides input for the development of the department budget, and hires, promotes and terminates staff and recommends salary actions, as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in health administration, human services, statistical analysis, business administration or the equivalent work experience required. Master’s degree/MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of six years progressive experience in a call center setting, including a minimum of five years of functional experience utilizing one of the four primary Workforce Management tools, required. Minimum of five years in a managerial role required. Thorough knowledge of large contact center workforce management systems and automated call distribution (ACD) software required. Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and team building skills required. Ability to set Workforce goals and strategy based on a solid understanding of an organization’s goals and objectives required. Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting and business operations specific to each functional area of Workforce Management required. Ability to translate and convey complex statistical and other data into easy to understand, actionable recommendations required. Demonstrated experience in solving problems complex business processes required. Proven innovation and opportunity identification translated to tangible initiatives and successful value capture required. Excellent project management skills required. Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required. Experience in a health insurance and/or health care setting preferred.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Countries. For over 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to improving the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life. Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 44,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.