The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation's largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organization, serving the five boroughs of New York City, and Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester Counties. For 125 years, VNSNY has been committed to meeting the health care needs of New Yorkers with compassionate, high-quality home health care. We offer a wide range of services, programs, and health plans to meet the diverse needs of our patients, members, and clients from before birth to the end of life.
Each day, more than 13,000 VNSNY employees - including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals - deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 48,000 patients and members, helping them to live the best lives possible in their homes and communities.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Manages the Selling, General and Administrative (SG&A) budgeting and forecasting process for VNSNY which includes a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers and financial models to enable value-added analysis and recommendations. Also develops and compiles consolidated Executive and Board level reporting. Assist management with corporate financial analysis, budgeting, and cost containment initiatives. Works under general direction.
- Manages and enhances the Selling, General and Administrative (SG&A) budgeting and forecasting process. Reviews financial plans and prepares annual operating budgets and forecasts.
- Leads the financial planning/forecasting process for but not limited to Overhead, Fringe and Headcount; prepares supporting schedules, to be used in monthly financial dashboards and key performance indicator reports.
- Acts as the lead finance partner for each of the overhead cost centers.
- Manages variance analyses between budget/forecast and actual results across key performance indicators including, but not limited to Staffing, Program Volume, OTPS, Performance Indicators, as well as Productivity and Performance/Activity Measures. performanceorecast itoring effotts. adjustments.\y. ase type indicates a surplus s for Prepares summary reports of findings.
- Ensures that input and changes to budget data for assigned areas of focus are correct. Produces summary of changes by each area after budget completion.
- Assists in the creation of reports, dashboards and analysis for budget and forecast. Supports any on-going updates or adjustments.
- Leverages Hyperion and Workday based statistical, financial and benchmarking data to develop projections of financial results and analyzes results to identify spending trends, cost reductions and program issues.
- Collaborates with staff in other finance areas and departments to verify expenditure and performance data and related findings.
- Assists finance leadership in preparing monthly P&L’s, month end close schedules, presentations and other adhoc analysis for senior management.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related field required. Master's degree in Business Administration preferred.
Experience: Minimum five years of progressively more senior level finance experience in budgeting and/or Financial Planning & Analysis required. Advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical skills required. Demonstrated high level proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Windows Excel, PowerPoint and Word), and ability to work with on-line databases and data warehouses required. Experience with Hyperion version 11 Planning, Reports and Essbase preferred. Experience with PeopleSoft, Workday and Vision preferred.